Pregnant? Call (800) 57WOMAN or (800) 579-6626
Constitutional Amendment Summary The Reproductive Freedom for All constitutional amendment is not about protecting existing rights, but smuggling a radical proposal into the constitution that would repeal or drastically alter dozens of state laws. The amendment would fundamentally change the relationships between parents and children, as well as women and their doctors. Below is the 92-word summary of the amendment that appears on the petitions and will appear on the ballot in November if enough valid signatures are collected: “Constitutional Amendment to: establish new individual right to reproductive freedom, including right to make and carry out all decisions about pregnancy, such as prenatal care, childbirth, postpartum care, contraception, sterilization, abortion, miscarriage management, and infertility; allow state to prohibit abortion after fetal viability unless needed to protect a patient’s life or physical or mental health: forbid state discrimination in enforcement of this right; prohibit prosecution of an individual, or a person helping a pregnant individual, for exercising rights established by this amendment; and invalidate all state laws that conflict with this amendment.”
Laws that could be affected by the anything-goes abortion amendment:
• The 1931 law that protects unborn life
• Increased penalty for later term abortions, when babies are fully formed
• Requiring abortion centers to satisfy the same minimum health standards as other surgical centers
• Abortion procedures can only be performed by doctors, not nurses or non-medical professionals
• Babies that are born alive during an abortion procedure are protected and cared for
• Parental consent for minors considering whether to take the life of their child
Master of Ceremonies, Pastory Jerry Sutton, Bad Axe Free Methodist Church
Sophia Jensen on right took 1st place.
Mina Jensen on left took 2nd place.
Marcia Wolfe of the Huron County Right to Life in the middle presented their checks.
The frigid temperatures could not keep these dedicated prolifers away. The keynote address was delivered by Rep. Phil Green. Pastor Albert Barchue of Salem United Methodist Church, Pigeon gave the closing prayer. Thank you for supporting the unborn. Pray!